Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The In-N-Out of Geocaching

Today, tried to get a couple of caches under my belt. The first one was the Columbian Mammoths of the Guadalupe River Basin, which is an Earthcache (my first). It was right near the company I was visiting at in San Jose. Unfortunately, I was 2 days late, and the bones that were found here were gone.


I then tried to find Zanker Joggers Cache, which is a regular cache a little farther away from my week's workspace. Unfortunately, tree cover and GPS satellite availability prevented me from finding it. There's always tomorrow...

...now...onto something which my friend Ian has long been touting...a visit to...
Here's the location just north of Cisco Systems at 50 Ranch Dr. in Milpitas, California. Talked with a nice guy who worked for Cisco, and how he just paid about $850,000 for a five bedroom house on a 7,000 sq. ft. lot in the area about a year and half ago, and today it's worth over $1,000,000. Just sick.

Despite my lighter than usual diet of late, I decided to splurge on my dinner. I got a Double Double (without cheese, tomato or onion), fries, a chocolate shake and an iced tea. I figured I may as well sample just about everything on their menu...which is ridiculously simple. It's just burgers, fries and beverages. That's it. Really.

My dinner:

Verdict? I liked it. It seemed like a cheaper version of Johnny Rocket's to me. Food basically tasted the same, and the fries were a little soggier...but I liked it. But I definately can't eat like this on an ongoing basis!

Stay tuned...tomorrow night, San Francisco! Home of the Spinnaker Restaurant, which I may have to go visit...'cos this can't be real...

No comments: