Saturday, August 20, 2005

The "Outback Diet"

Over the last year, I've lost about 40-45 pounds. Late last July, I weighed in at 195 pounds. Then Weight Watchers came along, and I followed the program (I didn't attend the meetings, just did the counting points thing, etc.), and it worked incredibly well! I never starved myself, I still ate foods I wanted to eat, and I lost the weight.

During the last 8 months or so, I stumbled across a rather interesting thing after dining at the Outback Steakhouse. It is something that I now call the "Outback Diet", as this has worked consistently for me for the last 8 months (during which time, I've eaten there on average about once per month).

You see, yesterday morning I weighed myself, and the scale read 153 pounds. This morning? 151 pounds.

Why is this significant? Because each time that I've eaten at the Outback for dinner, I weighed in 2 pounds lighter the next morning. And I only pee'd between the end of that meal and before I did my weigh-in, so it's not like I dumped a lot of stuff from my system to explain the loss.

Here is what I have eaten each time:
- One slice of bread (about 1/6th of the loaf they put on the table). NO BUTTER.
- 7oz. Victoria's Filet (rare)
- Baked Sweet Potato (NO BUTTER, but still have the cinnamon-sugar)
- Caesar salad, dressing on the side (using as little dressing as possible).
- Unsweetened iced-tea (as much as you want)

I eat normal for breakfast and lunch before (i.e. I do NOT pig out/stuff my face with food). In yesterday's case, I had a sesame seed bagel (plain), a half Turkey sub (no cheese/mayo), baked Lays potato chips, and one square of Ghiradelli chocolate (from San Fran, of course!). I also had Diet Sprite, Diet Pepsi, tea and water through the day as well.

Can I promise that this would work for you? No. Do I eat out at the Outback every day? No. You have to do this in moderation and see if it works. For me, 8 out of 8 times is proof enough. I can't explain it...but it sure is damn interesting!

No comments: