Sunday, August 07, 2005

So here I am again at 36,000 feet...

Jeez I'm an idiot.

In the midst of packing for my current trip to San Jose, we had a really intense thunderstorm with a ton of cool lightning. Normally, we have cloud to ground lightning. This storm had that, but it also had something a lot less common: cloud to cloud lightning. Really cool stuff, and a wonderful show in the sky for a few hours.

So, bolstered by the fact I had captured a nice lightning strike with my digital camera during out Fort Meyers Beach vacation a couple weeks back, I thought I'd try to get a shot or two from my office window at home, especially since the lightning was so plentiful. I did get a couple strikes, but they didn't look as good as I had hoped.

So here I am on the plane to go to San Francisco, leaving at 7:45am, and it's a beautiful morning. The plane lines up to take off from MIA heading east. Engines roar up, off we go.

Looking out the window, I start to see the Brickell Avenue skyline. Hey, that'd make a nice photo, lemme get the camera out.

I reach into my bag and grab it. I flip in on and it beeps differently than usual. Huh? Oh, wrong mode (review mode). Lemme flip it to camera/picture mode. Flip. Beep beep. Huh?

The display reads --- ....instead of the number of photos I can take. Why would it do th....???

WHERE'S MY FREAKING MEMORY CARD????

*SIGH*

Sitting in my friggin' card reader at home, where I put it after taking the lightning photos last night.

Damnit.

Well, I'm SOL on the flight, but I have extra cards in my luggage (less capacity, tho...sigh). Jeez.

Whatta way to start a trip.

No comments: