Sunday, August 28, 2005

Some further aftermath, in South Florida...

...on my way home from work on Friday, I passed by a stoplight that HAD been working earlier...
And today, the particular supermarket that I shop at every week (a mere few miles due west of my workplace), was recovering from having no electricity for a couple days. Thus, no perishables...No dairy...'cept these remnants...

No hot dogs or breakfast meats...

And no produce...

At this point, I am very hesitant to think about what New Orleans is about to go through. I wish them the best. This storm was merely an inconvenience for us, around where I live. Overall, 9 people died here. Many more are going to die in New Orleans...this storm is just too big for that number to not go up drasitcally...*sigh* Be safe, everyone. Go to a shelter, and ride it out. It's going to be hell afterwards...but be patient...you will get the help you need.

I'll leave you with this last image. What's special about it? Look at the red arrow. Now rotate it clockwise 90 degrees...

No comments: