Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Pictures (Part 1 - Hunkered Down)

The pictures I'm going to post are going to be in chronological order. This is an initial set of MANY.

This first set will give you the idea of what it's like to be cooped up in a bunker, with almost no way to get outside information. The house is completely shuttered, and there's no electricity. We have radios, small handheld TVs, peepholes to look through and also windows in our garage door...more dangerous as they aren't protected.

These pictures are through very small holes in the aluminum panels which covered our sliding glass doors, which face north, overlooking the lake in the back of the house.

The ducks are facing the elements.
7:53am

A small palm tree along the lake rim. These are some of its last images, as it did not survive the storm. It was gone when I checked an hour later.
7:54am

7:54am

7:54am

Emergency lighting and information.
8:51am

What my tiny 2" TV screen shows me. Not much, and not clear. But...you get the general idea of what is going on when watching it.
8:53am

I then went into my garage, which faces south. We were on the eastern and southern edges of the eye, so the winds came at us from the south and the west (it spins counterclockwise).

Looking through my garage door windows. I can see the fences down at my two neighbors houses across the street.
9:18am

Looking directly across the street. There's my neighbor's backyard!
9:18am

Looking south-southwest.
9:18am

Looking back out through the holes in the panels in back. Look at those waves on the lake.
9:34am

*sigh*
I just want this to be over with.
10:49am

No comments: