Thursday, November 17, 2005

First taste of winter...what a beautiful morning!

Being from South Florida, it's easy to get spoiled by the warm weather. I, however, have Irish blood in me, and I appreciate cold weather. My trip to Lynchburg, Virginia came on the cusp of their first real taste of winter this year (as evidenced by my earlier posting about the weather).

Well, it was cold this morning. Like 28 or 30 degrees. But it was calm, which made it tolerable...even without gloves (which I left at home).

Now, going back to the SoFla comment above...most would shirk away from any trace of the temperature being under 75 degrees...atleast until they were under 3 layers of clothing. I kid you not.

To that end...they would likely have missed the following scene this morning as I came out of the hotel, or, if they had seen it, would not have reflected on its beauty for more than a millisecond, as they raced to find the nearest source of warmth.

I, on the other hand, took the time to take this in.

...it's going to be a great day...

No comments: