Friday, December 16, 2005

A movie night that was months in the making...

For the last several months, my wife has been telling me about "Brokeback Mountain" and has been trying to get me interested in seeing it. Well, I finally relented. I mean, okay...gay cowboys...not exactly the subject that I want to actively go see a movie about...but look at the director, Ang Lee. First "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon"...later moves onto "Hulk" and then his very next flick is about gay cowboys. Really an impressive range of subjects...


How was the movie? Rather good. With some editing, I would probably go see the movie again. I can see it up for some Oscars...but will it win any? Probably not...best screenplay or cinematography maybe...but not much else. However, it will be nominated for Best Picture and Best Director. Guaranteed.

We were supposed to go with a mixture of my wife's co-workers (male and female), but in the end it was my wife, myself and 3 other guys. The two below who would not get off their freakin' cell phones...

We later ate at a fancy restaurant on Miami Beach, the name of which is so pretentious that you're not meant to remember it, and you're treated to this fascinating blend of space and function...

No comments: