Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Oh boy did Superman return!

How did I start my Independence Day? By going and seeing Superman Returns. I mean, how much more American can you get, going and seeing a movie about a pure American superhero?


Absolutely incredible. Brandon Routh just nailed Clark Kent/Superman, and Kevin Spacey was frightening as Lex Luthor...although I had some slight problems with Lois' characterization. The story was incredible, the visuals were incredible...and I was really moved by this adaptation of the movie.

Don't get me wrong, I love the original movie (which I watched when I got home), and Christopher Reeve...but if anyone was going to get this movie done right, it was Bryan Singer, and he knocked it out of the park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superman did indeed return!

Quite frankly .. he shouldn't have bothered.I just saw this today and oh dear. File under dreadful or films to avoid.